In the past, the body mass index (BMI) has been the hallmark for tracking progress and setting healthy weight goals. The team at Naturkur Wellness Center, located in Seattle, Washington, utilizes a more in-depth view of your health and your unique body composition. Using InBody body composition analysis (BCA), they can help you create realistic, achievable goals that are specific to you and your body. For a consultation, call or book an appointment online today.
What is body composition analysis?
Body composition analysis (BCA) is an accurate method for understanding your health and the unique needs of your body. Though many health assessment tools strictly use body weight and height to determine whether your body is at a healthy weight, BCA utilizes more patient-specific information to create a more comprehensive picture of your health.
Body composition analysis is a method that measures four components of your body mass:
- Lean body mass
- Body water
By breaking down your weight into these components, it is easier to understand what changes to your eating and activity may be needed for you to be as healthy as possible.
What is the InBody body composition analyzer?
Naturkur Wellness Center is proud to offer the InBody body composition analyzer to supplement your effort in improving your health. This noninvasive method of body composition analysis gives your providers accurate information to create a plan of care that will work best for you.
This information can help your providers:
- Understand your increased health risks
- Analyze composition of your body fat
- Analyze the proper number of calories you need
- Analyze the amount of fat in specific areas of your body
- Customize your exercise plan to correct fat imbalance
- Measure your muscle mass and strength
- Set accurate weight loss and health goals
- Track progress and evaluate the effectiveness of your treatment plan
InBody allows for easy, consistent tracking of your health and wellness, using state-of-art technology and accurate results.
What does the InBody test entail?
The InBody analysis is noninvasive and as easy as standing on the Inbody device. Electrodes on the standing platform and on the device’s handles analyze your body composition. You simply follow the instructions provided, and your analysis results are available within 15-120 seconds.
Ensure the most accurate results during by:
- Testing consistently every two to four weeks
- Maintaining normal hydration status the day before testing
- Drinking 16-20 ounces of water around 45 minutes before testing
- Not eating or exercising for three hours before testing
- Avoiding alcohol or caffeine within 24 hours of testing
- Using the bathroom immediately before testing
- Standing upright for 5-10 minutes before testing
To ensure proper conduction of the device, you should not wear shoes or socks while testing and should not use lotion immediately before testing.
If you would like to see how InBody body composition analyzer could help improve your health, call or book an appointment online with Naturkur Wellness Center today.